A question can be comprised of:
- A Prompt, which elicits an appropriate answer
- A description, which provides help in answering properly.
- An answer type, which controls how the answer is received (ie multiple choice, or numerical entry)
- Answer options, which provide pre-filled answers that the user must select (i.e. Severe vs. Mild)
- Controlled Entries, which limit the responses to acceptable entries, such as number of decimals, min-max ranges, and more.
- Settings, which might mark the question as optional or mandatory
- Localization, which makes the question available in multiple languages, but sharing the same canonical answers.
One or more questions can be placed within any Survey to be completed by the Survey's delegate.